Thank you from your winner – Chris!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Chris to tell us about winning I’m an Engineer, and here is what he said… 

First things first, a big thank you to the students for voting me their winner. This win was certainly unexpected considering the strong competition I had in my zone, so seeing that I had been chosen as the winner was a brilliant start to the weekend.

These past two weeks have been a lot of fun and it has certainly been a unique experience. Drawing a comparison to whenever I do outreach events in person, I have never been asked such challenging technical questions one minute, and then just after being asked who my favourite participant from Love Island is, a show I totally haven’t heard of 🙂

I hope the students have benefited from the last two weeks, not just from my answers but from the other participants’ answers too. I have tried to answer every question posed to me, no matter how silly, to the best of my ability. I’m sure I speak for the other participants too when I say it is incredibly enriching to see students interested in what we do and why we do it. For students to then take this new information and then desire to do it themselves is the reason we do these outreach events.

I will make sure the prize money will go towards fun activities for student to do at the new Hertfordshire STEM centre in Stevenage.

Also big thanks for the team running this event; I’m sure it wasn’t easy. They have made sure this event happens and runs smoothly so they are just as much a part of the outreach as the engineers are.

Finally, to the students. Do what interests and excites you and follow that path, be it into a STEM subject or otherwise. Doing what you love will keep you motivated and driven to achieve all that you can. Look out for the Exomars rover launching in 2020 and know that it is just another example of engineers working together to make cool stuff 🙂

Posted on June 27, 2016 modmichaela in News | Leave a comment